MultiMC is a free, open source launcher for Minecraft, managed by @peterixxx and @02JanDal. It allows you to have multiple, separate instances of Minecraft (each with their own mods, texture packs, saves, etc) and helps you manage them and their associated options with a simple interface.
Download links for the latest version, MultiMC 5, are below.
- Manage multiple instances of Minecraft at once
- Start Minecraft with a custom resolution
- Change Java's runtime options (including memory options)
- Shows Minecraft's console output in a colour coded window
- Kill Minecraft easily if it crashes / freezes
- Custom icons and groups for instances
- Forge integration (automatic installation, version downloads, mod management)
- Minecraft world management
- Import and export Minecraft instances to share them with anyone
- Supports every version of Minecraft that the vanilla launcher does
Download & Install
Choose the download for your operating system below, extract the archive to a new folder and run it. If you're using Linux, remember to make it executable before you try to run it.
Mac OS X (10.7+)Download (64-bit)
The source code for MultiMC (and this website) is hosted at GitHub.
If you want to build MultiMC yourself, check out the Build guide.
Support us on Patreon!
We're running a Patreon campaign so that we can continue to pay for our server hosting costs, and make a little bit of money from this project which we put so much of our time into. $5 gets you a mention in the credits of the app, and if we can maintain at least $100 a month total, we'll be able to keep the website ad-free!
You can talk to us directly on our discord server. Just click join!
Just understand that we're most likely busy with Real Work™ and Real Life™ most of the time.
Wylker made a spotlight of MultiMC 5 for us! It contains some basic usage and outlines the core features. Watch it below!