MultiMC is a free, open source launcher for Minecraft. It allows you to have multiple, cleanly separated instances of Minecraft (each with their own mods, texture packs, saves, etc) and helps you manage them and their associated options with a simple and powerful interface.
Download links for the latest version, MultiMC 5, are below.
- Manage multiple instances of Minecraft at once
- Start Minecraft with a custom resolution
- Change Java's runtime options (including memory options)
- Shows Minecraft's console output in a colour coded window
- Kill Minecraft easily if it crashes / freezes
- Custom icons and groups for instances
- Forge integration (automatic installation, version downloads, mod management)
- Minecraft world management
- Import and export Minecraft instances to share them with anyone
- Supports every version of Minecraft that the vanilla launcher does
Download & Install
Choose the download for your operating system below, extract the archive to a new folder and run it. If you're using Linux, remember to make it executable before you try to run it.
Download & Install the development version
The development version usually has extra fixes and features incuded, but may not be stable yet. If you use it, stay in touch on our discord server!
The source code for MultiMC (and this website) is hosted at GitHub.
If you want to build MultiMC yourself, check out the Build guide.
Support us on Patreon!
We're running a Patreon campaign so that we can continue to pay for our server hosting costs, and make a little bit of money from this project which we put so much of our time into. $5 gets you a mention in the credits of the app, and if we can maintain at least $100 a month total, we'll be able to keep the website ad-free!
You can talk to us directly on our discord server. Just click join!
Just understand that we're most likely busy with Real Work™ and Real Life™ most of the time.
Wylker made a spotlight of MultiMC 5 for us! It contains some basic usage and outlines the core features. Watch it below!